Dance classics-Funky groove
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dance classics-Funky groove

Funk, disco, dance classics, 70's, 80's

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
osetrik

osetrik

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2007-04-12

My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD Empty
PostSubject: My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD   My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 12:52 pm

Hi friends ! At last I faced the problem regarding free space on my HD Laughing Almost 90% of it is busy with music pale

As for burnin' it down to DVDs, I don't think it's the best way of solving that issue!

So if U experienced that same problem and already solved it, plese help me to make up my mind in choosing good external HD (from 250 to 500 GB)

Thanks in advance Wink
Back to top Go down
vectone

vectone

Number of posts : 453

PostSubject: Re: My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD   My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 12:37 pm

please, DO NOT buy any external HDD!!! just burn all your music on DVDR and make 2-3 copies more! It`s cheeper and more reliable than buying new HDD witch can crash at any time! I`m doing that way and never regret it!! afro
cheers!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/quazar912/videos?view_as=subscriber
dario_zg

dario_zg

Number of posts : 1317
Registration date : 2007-04-13

PostSubject: Re: My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD   My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 12:50 pm

I have a 30GB ext HDD for "just-in-case" situation and NOW it's filled out!?! tongue

I agree with Vectone; burn DVD's and make security copies after a while...or get a "Blue Ray" and burn app 50 GB discs... Wink

HDD's can crush in any time and You can lose all of Your precious files (music, for example Wink )

Bye & regards
Back to top Go down
Dodi

Number of posts : 1392

PostSubject: Re: My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD   My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 1:14 pm

I told you....and looks like there's more people to agree with me. No matter how big it is....over time it will be filled and you'll be back on the begining.
It's a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
http://dodis-crossover.blogspot.com/
osetrik

osetrik

PostSubject: Re: My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD   My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 6:04 pm

Thanks guys! I thought I was doing wrong by burning DVDs ... unsuatable & old-fashioned, you know silent

But in terms of files security, agree - it's better way as compared to ext. HD.

Dario, you wrote:

Quote :
or get a "Blue Ray" and burn app 50 GB discs...

From now on ... more detailed info please rabbit
Back to top Go down
vectone

vectone

PostSubject: Re: My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD   My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 12:33 am

osetrik wrote:

From now on ... more detailed info please rabbit

nothing much to say...just like some 10 years ago when mp3 format was able to burn aprox. 50LPs onto single DVD-R , blu-ray recorder is able to store over 24GB on one side of "blue-ray" DVD-R - thats about 500LPs!!!!! Shocked
check web sites for more technical info and prices!
Back to top Go down
dario_zg

dario_zg

Number of posts : 1317
Registration date : 2007-04-13

PostSubject: Re: My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD   My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 4:06 am

Thx vectone for help!

Yes mr. O(A), that'll be in a short way but truly definition! Wink cheers
Bye & regards
Back to top Go down
osetrik

osetrik

PostSubject: Re: My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD   My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:25 am

Shocked 50LPs onto single DVD-R Shocked

Wow, I'm speechless !!! Gonna get more info on that type of DVD-R via i-net!

Thanks !
Back to top Go down
vectone

vectone

PostSubject: Re: My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD   My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:36 am

why are you so surprised? Just burn LPs in a mp3 file on DVD-/+R like "data files". Aprox 50 - 70LPs will fit on a single DVD 4,7GB! And there you are - 20 DVD discs is equivalent of 90GB HDD!!! afro And you have all your music on a safe place. study
Back to top Go down
sl1200

sl1200

Number of posts : 634

PostSubject: Re: My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD   My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 8:08 pm

Dodi wrote:
I told you....and looks like there's more people to agree with me. No matter how big it is....over time it will be filled and you'll be back on the begining.
It's a waste of money.

Back on the beginning ? hell no way, it's way too much time consuming. I've given away DVD-R back ups to friends, hope I can rely on them if disaster strikes, like a theft, fire, crash, etc.
It is not that far that day when all the collection will fit into a one single flashdrive usb key. It started at around 8megs and now 8gigs are about to be given away, a 8Terabyte key would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD   My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My HD is going to blow out :) I'm in need of External HD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dance classics-Funky groove :: TALKS-
Jump to: